GROUP 09 -Antonia, Ally, Claire- Music Video: Target Audience Questionaire

Friday 3 October 2008

Target Audience Questionaire

To gain a greater understanding of what would appeal to our target audience group we devised a questionnaire, specifically based on 'Indie' music videos. We will use the information to mold our original idea into a stronger idea that will appeal to our age group. Our target age group is 15+.

1) With referring to 'Indie' music videos do you prefer their to be a running narrative through out the video or feel it should be all performance based?

- I think it depends on the track, but most of the time i much prefer there to be a narrative that fits the lyrics so that you can sing along with the pictures in front of you.

- Most 'Indie' tracks tell a story through the lyrics so a narrative is defiantly appropriate. I do like to see the band though as they play their instruments but probably mainly when the chorus kicks in because that's when the band gets lively.

- I like a bit of both. If the track is really lively then performance works really well but if it is slower narrative is more engaging.


2) Can you name some of your favourite settings that you have seen indie music videos being shot?

- I watched a video once when the band played in the middle of an underground tube train! That was really cool and was very out of the ordinary.

- I like the video 'My sacrifice' by Creed! The band are playing in a river as town becomes flooded. The water shoots off as they play and it looks really effective. I like the narrative as well as it is really strange and unbelievable but really well shot.

3) Do you think the idea of shooting at night is effective? If so, why?

- I quite like the idea of it being shot at night. It seems a little bit more rebelious and cool than shooting in the day.

- Yeah, i think that could work really well. It always looks really cool when everywhere is deserted at night time..so i guess you could use that to your advantage.

- I think it only looks good if there is really good lighting. If it is too dark it could be a bit boring. I really like colour and lively scenes!!

4) For the older viewers, what do you not like seeing in 'Indie' music videos?

- I have to admit i hate it when its really 'teeny'. I dont like it when its like over the top and all about drugs and raves. I like it when it's more artistic.

Can you think of any music videos that are like that off the top of your head?

-Hmm, probably Avril Levegne- Skater boi!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home